New Ebenezer Retreat is located in the small town of Rincon, Georgia. Peaceful, wooded and serene ours is a tranquil environment that inspires rest and relaxation. Our Retreat Center is located on the banks of the Savannah River, at the end of GA Highway 275.
Please note: Due to our remote location amidst a forest of soaring pines, GPS reception does not work well when approaching the New Ebenezer Retreat Center. We are located on Ebenezer Road (SR-275) on the left side, across from Jerusalem Lutheran Church.
Bypass Directions from I95 North to Retreat Center (This route bypasses Rincon, GA)
– Exit at the last exit in Georgia: Exit 109 marked Highway 21 Port Wentworth
– At the end of the exit ramp turn left onto Highway 21
– Travel on Highway 21 approximately 3.5 miles to Old Augusta Road (Old Augusta Road is approximately a tenth of a mile past the Effingham County sign)
– Turn right at the red light onto Old Augusta Road
– Travel approximately 8.3 miles to Highway 275 caution light
– Turn right onto Highway 275
– Travel approximately 3 miles on Highway 275 and arrive! Buses should turn left immediately after the cemetery at the first Retreat Center entrance located beside the Historical Marker.
Directions from the intersections of Highway 21 and I95 (Directions through Rincon, GA)
– Travel north on Highway 21 toward Rincon & Springfield
– At the far end of Rincon you will pass over a railroad bridge. From this bridge continue on Highway 21 for 3 miles to the intersection of Highways 21 and 275, with a Chevron store at the far right corner
– At this intersection turn right at the traffic light onto Highway 275
– Travel 5 miles on Highway 275 to New Ebenezer. Buses should turn left immediately after the cemetery at the first Retreat Center entrance located beside the Historical Marker.
Directions from Georgia Highway 21 Traveling South
– Proceed around the town of Springfield
– Proceed past the intersection with Highway 119
– Travel for several more miles to the intersection with Highway 275, soon after passing the Strickland Funeral Home, with a Chevron store on the near left corner
– At this intersection turn left onto Highway 275. Travel 5 miles to New Ebenezer. Buses should turn left immediately after the cemetery at the first Retreat Center entrance located beside the Historical Marker.
Directions from Georgia Highway 17 Traveling South
– When you arrive in Guyton, turn left at the caution light at the intersection of Highways 17 and 119 following the signs toward Springfield to the traffic light at the intersection of Highways 119 and 21.
– At this intersection turn right onto Highway 21
– Continue with Directions from Georgia Highway 21 traveling south